Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pina Colada

Adapted from my SIL, Leslie's recipe

This is a delicious and refreshing treat! I always like to taste it as I go along because sometimes I think it needs more or less sweet and I can adjust ingredients to make it just right!

Ingredients:

1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup coconut milk-not light
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix ingredients in blender. Then add crushed iced about a cup at a time. Taste after each addition of ice to be sure too much ice isn't being added to take away the flavor. You can either continue adding ice until it reaches consistency and taste you desire or add ice and milk alternatively in your blender if you think it is too sweet without adding milk. Half and half can also be used instead of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment