Monday, January 10, 2011

Ham Fried Rice


I had this recipe written on a little piece of paper and my sweet little darling 11 month old nearly destroyed it. I could barely make out the words. So after making it tonight, I didn't think to take a picture of it to post the recipe on here until after it was almost completely devoured. I was able to scrounge up enough to get a picture though, thank goodness. Now I'll have the recipe in another place so it won't be lost forever! We have used this recipe over and over again. It's your basic ham fried rice recipe that compliments any Asian dish. This time I didn't have peas AND carrots, just peas-it works!

Ingredients:

3 cups prepared rice
1 cup ham, diced
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 eggs
soy sauce, to taste
1 tbsp. sesame oil, or more as desired
chopped green onions, as desired

Heat a large frying pan or skillet on medium high heat. Add sesame oil. Then add ham, green onions, peas and carrots and heat through. Add 2 eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Add rice and soy sauce to taste and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment