Saturday, January 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Fingers

Adapted from Jennie P. Stewart Elementary School Cafeteria

WARNING:  This recipe is highly addictive; only make if you have people to share with or if you are wanting to binge a bit. 

My mom saved this recipe from a newsletter published at my elementary school when I was little.  I don't think she made the recipe herself very much, but luckily I discovered it in her drawer and have made it many times since.  Peanut butter and chocolate desserts are definitely some of my favorite.  This is basically a peanut butter and oat cookie topped with extra peanut butter and chocolate.  It's creamy, rich and delicious!

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • Extra peanut butter-whipped
  • Chocolate frosting
Directions:

  • Cream butter and sugars together in a bowl.
  • Add vanilla and peanut butter.
  • Mix all dry ingredients together and add slowly to bowl.
  • Spread on greased pan.
  • Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until very lightly browned.
  • When cool, spread with thin layer of whipped peanut butter.
  • Frost with chocolate icing.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have this long lost recipe! I used to get the school lunch on the days it was served with a peanut butter bar JUST for the peanut butter bar! I made the recipe tonight but halfed it since we weren't going to have company or anything. Oh the sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete