Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pesto Pizza

My own adaptation

I like creating my own combination of pizza toppings.  It's an easy recipe to create, especially if you have a sensational pizza dough recipe, like the one posted on this site.  (See Recipe Index Link.)  I think my husband was a little disappointed initially that I had made an all veggie pizza, but once he tasted it he was happy again.  I know walnuts on pizza is a bit of a surprise, but it is really good.  Give it a try!

Ingredients:

  • 1 recipe pizza dough
  • ½ cup basil pesto
  • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 can marinated artichoke hearts
  • 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
  • ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
  • ¼ cup walnut pieces
Directions:

  • Follow recipe for pizza dough. 
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Cook dough for 12 minutes and remove from oven.  Spread pesto on crust.  Layer Mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts over pesto layer. 
  • Cook for 12 more minutes.  Pesto will create a lot of oil, so may want to blot up excess oil with paper towels.
Notes:  Consider adding sausage, bell peppers or mushrooms.  Try other types of pesto
with this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment