Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Green Beans with Caramelized Onions

Adapted from Food.com

I have a strange thing I do; I watch Food Network while working out at the gym :) While doing so the other day I saw a similar recipe with green beans and caramelized onions. I remembered I had green beans in the fridge and thought it would be a nice way to mix things up rather than just have them the good ole traditional way. It was definitely a nice change and really simple!

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion sliced
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 lbs. green beans

In skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook stirring occasionally, until it is starting to brown, 7-10 minutes. Add sugar and salt. Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and golden brown, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add green beans; cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain well, then add onion with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment