Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roasted Halibut with Almond Parmesan Crust

Crb 009
Adapted from Smart Cooking Cookbook

I have been craving halibut for a LONG time.  But, halibut is very expensive, so I knew I would need to budget the purchase into my grocery allowance.  Luckily, we went out of town recently and the 'rents paid for most (almost all) of our food for the week, so we had some extra funds for this splurge.  I combed through a lot of recipes to make sure I put this splurge to good use and found a fantastic one!  The almond Parmesan crust was delish, especially since I served it over a Parmesan risotto.  Yum! 

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
  • ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tbs finely chopped fresh basil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets
  • Sea Salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  • In a small bowl, combine almonds, Parmesan, basil, garlic and oil; stir to blend.
  • Place halibut fillets on a baking sheet and season to taste with salt.  Pat the almond mixture onto the halibut, pressing lightly to make it stick.
  • Bake in the center of the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque all the way through.
Notes:  I turned on broiler for last minute to make the Parmesan topping slightly crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment