Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disappearing Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies

020
Adapted from the blog ahintofhoney.blogspot.com

My friend brought these brownies over a couple of years ago, but with one major difference in the recipe:  she doesn't wait for the butterscotch to cool so that the chocolate melts, making them brownies rather than blondies.  I changed this recipe so that the butterscotch cools, keeping the flavor of butterscotch strong.  I seriously heart butterscotch, but only have a few recipes that I have tried that makes good use of them.  I think it's mostly because I have trouble stopping eating butterscotch once I start, so I only have a few recipes to fall back on to keep my weight somewhat in control.  :)  Anyway, these blondies are sinfully delicious and very addictive.  Serve warm with ice cream!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • ½ cup butter
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • ½ cup wanuts, chopped (optional)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Melt butter and butterscotch chips in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and cool slightly.
  • Stir in brown sugar, egg and vanilla.  Mix well.  Add flour, salt and baking powder.  Stir until well incorporated.
  • Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts until just combined. (Do not want chocolate chips to melt too much or they will become brownies rather than blondies!)  Pour into greased 9x13” baking dish.
  • Bake 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment