Saturday, March 12, 2011

Muddy Buddies

009
Source Unknown

I've had this recipe for forever.  I'm not sure where it came from, but I do remember my Grandma making something similar when I was young and calling it "Puppy Chow".  I have always liked the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  Even better, this is a very fast and easy recipe to make.  Perfect for a Friday night when you just want to relax, like I did.  This recipe is easily halved or make the entire amount, since it preserves well. 

Ingredients:
  • 9 cups Chex cereal
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • ¼ cup margarine
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
Directions:
  • Pour cereal into bowl; set aside.
  • In 1 quart, microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine.  Microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minute or until smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
  • Stir in vanilla.  Pour chocolate sauce slowly over cereal, stirring to coat evenly.  Pour cereal into large plastic bag.  Add powdered sugar and secure; shake to coate well.  Spread on wax paper to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment