Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken

MATCH DAY 009 copy
Inspired by a meal I ate at O'Charleys

Fresh basil is awesome.  It has such a distinct flavor and should not be substituted, if you can help it, for the dried herb.  Since I had some fresh Mozzarella in my fridge that I still needed to use, I decided to attempt to replicate a dish that I had at a nearby chain restaurant recently, but to try to make it even better.  I think it turned out well, but will most likely add some onions  next time.  I would have done so, but unfortunately didn't have any on hand and it was not worth a trip to the grocery store.  Anyway, this was super yummy!  I served with steamed broccoli on the side.

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 3 Tbs vegetable oil
  • 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
  • 1 Tbs Oregano
  • 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
  • 2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar dressing
Directions:
  • Mix balsamic vinegar, oil, Italian Seasoning and Oregano in a medium sized bowl.  Place chicken breasts in marinade and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
  • Preheat grill to medium-high.  Grill chicken for until no longer pink, flipping over halfway through cooking. 
  • In the meantime, mix together the tomatoes, basil and Mozzarella cheese.  Top the chicken with the bruschetta mixture and drizzle Balsamic Vinegar dressing on top.  Serve immediately.
Note:  Consider adding fresh onion to bruschetta mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment