Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Peach and Tomato Salad

Summertime 072
Adapted from Cooking Light

I LOVED this....I will admit that Tim didn't nearly as much.  So, it might be one of those hit or miss dishes depending on what is pleasing to your own personal palette.  But for me, the combo of peaches and cherry tomatoes with my favorite cheese--feta-- was stellar.  I was especially pleased with it because the dish made good use of the peaches in my fridge. 
Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced
  • ½ lb ripe peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
  • ½ lb cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 Tbs parsley or basil leaves, torn
Directions:
  • Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.  Drizzle vinegar mixture over peach mixture; toss well to coat.  Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment