Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fruit Pizza

Science Museum 023
Adapted from a recipe from Kaylee Coil

For the  4th of July, I decided to whip up a dessert that had a little red, white & blue in it.  Plus, Tim requested this yummy dessert.  I have to admit that I take major shortcuts with this recipe...mostly I use Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix.  I have never found a sugar cookie recipe that I like more than Betty Crocker.  I don't know if there is any other cookie mix I can say that about, but as far as sugar cookies go I stick with Ms. Betty.

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages Betty Crocker sugar cookies mix + ingredients listed on back of package
  • 1 (8 oz) package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1 carton cool whip
  • 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
  • Fruit! (strawberries, blueberries, bananas, kiwis, mandarin oranges, raspberries, etc…)
Directions:
  • Prepare sugar cookies according to package directions.  Spread onto greased baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes.  Cool completely.
  • Beat together the cream cheese, cool whip and confectioner’s sugar until thoroughly combined.  Spread over sugar cookies.
  • Peel, chop, slice fruit and sprinkle liberally over the cool whip frosting.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment