Monday, December 6, 2010

Wingin' It Pizza

Adapted from Allrecipes

A local pizza joint has a pizza similar to this on their menu that I have always wanted to try.  The problem is their menu is yummy, full of many specialty pizzas that I want to try, so I have trouble getting to them all.  And we make pizza often, so I can actually make my own version faster than I'd get around to visiting the pizza joint again.  Thus, I went in search of a recipe online to find a recipe that was similar to the Buffalo Wings pizza and came up with this.  My husband thought this could just be his favorite pizza creation so far {he says that about almost every new pizza, though} and I was loving the mixture of Blue Cheese and Wing Sauce on my favorite pizza crust.  So good!

Ingredients:

  • 1 recipe pizza dough (see Recipe Index)
  • 1 bottle of store bought wing sauce
  • 1-2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
  • 7 oz of blue cheese, or to taste
  • Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping, optional
Directions:

  • Cook pizza dough for 12 minutes in pre-heated oven (425 degrees F).
  • While crust is cooking, take shredded chicken in a pot and mix with  ½ cup of wing sauce.  Place on stove on medium heat and allow chicken to marinade in sauce for about 15 minutes.  Drain excess sauce before layering on pizza.
  • Remove crust from oven and pour about ¼ cup of wing sauce over crust.  Use a marinade brush and spread a thin layer of sauce thoroughly over crust.  Top with mozzarella cheese.  Then spread your remaining toppings over the mozzarella layer (the red bell pepper, shredded chicken and blue cheese).
  • Cook for another 12 minutes in pre-heated oven. 
  • Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping, if desired.
Makes 1 large pizza.

1 comment: