Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Adapted from All Recipes

My husband specifically requested this dish, which he rarely does.  Generally, he just lets me make whatever I want since I know what ingredients we have on hand.  But, he likes spicy dishes and pasta, so this definitely is at the top of his favorite meal list and I guess he was craving it.  So, of course I complied.  I didn't have a green pepper, so I added some diced tomatoes instead, which worked well.  I like lots of mushrooms in this, so feel free to add more than just the 4!

Ingredients:

  • 4 oz. linguini or spaghetti pasta
  • 2 chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
  • 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4-6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • ¼ tsp basil
  • ¼ tsp lemon pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:

  • Cook pasta until al dente; drain.
  • Place the chicken, Cajun seasoning, butter, peppers, onion and mushroom in a large skillet over medium heat.  Saute in butter until almost tender and chicken is no longer pink.  (5-7 minutes)
  • Reduce the heat.  Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.  Heat through.
  • Add the pasta.  Toss and heat through.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Notes:  Add 1 can of diced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment