Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hash Brown Omelette

Adapted from Ivory Family Favorite's Cookbook

This reminded me a lot of something my Grandma Johnson makes. I would add sausage next time instead of bacon.

Ingredients:

1 pound bacon
4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese

Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside. Brown hash browns, onion and pepper until golden and underside is crisp. Put in buttered casserole dish. Blend eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour over top. Top with cheese and bacon. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Let stand a few minutes before serving.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh--I have a bunch of hashbrowns that I need to use. I'll have to make this for brunch soon! {you know how I heart brunch...}

    ReplyDelete