Friday, December 10, 2010

Greek Chicken


This recipe is a standby in our house.  I start craving it every few weeks, so I make sure to keep all of the ingredients on hand for whenever I feel like making it.  It's full of flavor, satisfying, easy to make, and healthy all in one dish!  I always make sure to set extra feta cheese and lemon juice on the table to serve with it because both my husband and I like more than the recipe calls for.  I always serve it with a side of couscous, but I'm sure it would go well with some pasta on the side too. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • ½ cup onion, chopped
  • 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast
  • 1 (14 oz) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 Tbs chopped, fresh parsley
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:

  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.  Stir in the chicken.  Cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. (Approximately 6 minutes.)
  • Reduce heat to medium-low and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta, parsley, lemon juice, and oregano.  Stir until heated through, approximately 3 minutes.  Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Can serve over pasta or with couscous, if desired.
Notes:  Consider adding olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment