Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nestle Tollhouse Pie

Adapted from Loaves and Fishes cookbook

I have to admit I wasn't too sure about this when it came out of the oven.  The cookie hadn't set quite like I expected it to.  I even told my husband that we would try it and if we didn't like it I still had time to make something else.  Luckily, it turned out to be delicious.  The pie/cookie was ooey-gooey, just how I like it and I'm a big fan of pie crust in general.  Definitely make sure you serve the pie a-la-mode with vanilla bean ice cream for a satisfying dessert!

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup all-purpose  flour
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 1 cup (6 oz) of Nestle milk-chocolate chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1 9” unbaked pie shell
  • Ice cream for garnish (optional)
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.  Add flour, sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended.  Blend in melted butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
  • Pour into pie shell.  Bake for 50 minutes or until pie has set.
  • Serve a-la-mode with ice cream, if desired.
Notes:  Feel free to add butterscotch or white chocolate chips to mix it up in the future.   Making sure butter is at room temperature is VERY important step or it will melt the chocolate and you’ll end up with a  mess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment