Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sausage & Bell Pepper Penne

Hose! 012
My own little creation

I have been making this dish since me and DH were first married.  When I first created it, it became one of our favorite dishes, but now I rarely make it.  I still find it super satisfying, especially considering how easy it is to make.  Serve with a light Caesar salad on the side.

Ingredients:
  • 13.25 oz penne pasta
  • 16 oz spaghetti sauce
  • 4 oz. Italian sausage
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • ½ cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  • Cook pasta until al dente.  Meanwhile, cook sausage in heavy saucepan until browned.  The last few minutes of cooking, add mushrooms and bell peppers to pan. 
  • Drain fat from saucepan and add spaghetti sauce to heat through.  Pour sauce mixture over noodles and stir to mix.  Serve.  Top each serving with Mozzarella cheese, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment