Monday, April 25, 2011

Cold Sesame Noodles

Sesame Noodles 001
Adapted from Cooking Light

I have to admit that this had a weird smell to me when I made it.  I think the mixture of the sesame oil and the rice vinegar lingered a bit...  Anyway, it made me worry about the tastiness of the dish.  BUT the noodles ended up being delicious! They had just the right amount of spiciness and I loved all the veggies.

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. soba noodles
  • ¼ cup rice vinegar
  • 2 Tbs sesame oil
  • 2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tbs honey
  • 2 tsp chile paste with garlic
  • ½ tsp ginger
  • 2 cups skinless, boneless chicken breast, shredded
  • 1 medium cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
  • 1/3 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 bunch chopped green onions
  • 3 Tbs chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Directions:
  • Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.  Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
  • Combine rice vinegar and the next 5 ingredients (through ginger) in a large bowl and stir with a whisk.  Add noodes, chicken, cucumber, carrots and red bell pepper.  Top with green onions and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment