Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Asian Kabobs

York Beach 005
Adapted from Allrecipes

I actually made these quite a while ago and just found the pics of the skewers on my point-and-shoot camera that I rarely use.  I can't believe that I forgot to post this recipe!  The good news about discovering the pics on my camera is now I really want to make them again...so I most likely will later this week!  Yum!  I can't wait!

Ingredients:
·         ½ cup teriyaki or hoisin sauce
·         ½ cup honey
·         ½ tsp garlic powder
·         ½ pinch ground ginger
·         1 red bell pepper, cut into 2” pieces
·         1/3 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
·         1 cup whole fresh mushrooms
·         1 lb. chicken or beef sirloin, cut into 1” cubes

Directions:
  • In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients.  Add the remaining ingredients to marinade.  Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
  • Preheat grill to med-high heat.
  • Discard marinade and thread meat and vegetables onto skewers.
  • Lightly oil the grill grate.  Grill approximately 10 minutes, turning as needed or until meat is cooked through.
  • Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment