Monday, May 30, 2011

Sweet 'n' Sour Sauce

Food! 004
  Adapted from Allrecipes...I believe.  {Again another recipe I've been making for a LONG time.}

I am moving to North Carolina soon and am making the effort to clear out my pantry, fridge and freezer of excess food.  I had a pair of ribs that needed to be eaten and as I contemplated how I could prepare them I realized I had all the ingredients I needed on hand to make sweet 'n' sour sauce.  Now usually I fry pork chunks {how sweet 'n' sour pork is traditionally served} when making this, but pork ribs seemed close enough!  I'm sure you could serve this sauce over chicken or over meatballs {Chalese's suggestion a few days before I made this...sounds yummy!} as well.  Serve with rice and some stir fry veggies!
Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup pineapple juice
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ¼ cup ketchup
  • 2 Tbs cornstarch
  • ½ can pineapple tidbits
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in pan over medium heat.  Stir occasionally until boiling.  Allow to boil for a few minutes until thickened to desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment