Monday, February 6, 2012

Classic Bran Muffins

Adapted from Allrecipes

I don't usually like bran muffins, but these were really good!  I substituted the oil for applesauce this time when I made them. I admit, I added a little butter to mine and my little boy's, and it was so tasty!  My little guy absolutely loved them! I will be making these again!

Ingredients:  

1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
1 egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease muffin tin or add paper liners. Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk. Let sit for 10 minutes. Beat together oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Add to buttermilk mixture. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture until just blended. If using raisins, fold in at this time. Pour into muffin tins. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment