Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Asian Pork Kebabs with Apricot Mayo

Siena 004
Adapted from the Food Network

I copied this recipe down years ago.  Since I was in the process of cleaning out my fridge before the big move, I was trying to find a recipe that I already had all the ingredients for.  I stumbled across this recipe and decided I should FINALLY give it a try.  It was SO good.  I really regret not making it before now.  I loved grilling the pork.  I tend to grill either chicken or salmon, so pork was a nice change of pace.  And the apricot mayo was delish!  Give it a try!

Ingredients:
  • Cooking spray
Apricot Mayo:
  • 1 cup mayo
  • ¼ cup apricot preserves
  • 1 Tbs soy sauce
  • 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp ginger
Kebabs:
  • 1 ¼ lb pork loin, trimmed of silverskin and cut into 1” cubes
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2” pieces
  • Yellow squash, peeled and sliced
  • Skewers
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Preheat grill at medium-high heat until hot.  Combine all Apricot May ingredients in medium bowl.  Mix well, then remove and reserve 1/3 cup of the mayo.
  • Alternate pieces of pork, bell pepper and squash on the skewers.  Season with salt and pepper.  Brush the remaining mayo mix all over the pork and veggies pieces.
  • Spray the grill with cooking spray and place the skewers on grill.  Cook until pork is just cooked through (still slightly pink in the center), 5-7 minutes.  Turn frequently.
  • Serve over rice and with reserved Apricot Mayo on the side for dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment